Powered By Blogger

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Field trip reflections

Reflections

Through this field trip, I learnt of many science-related things and interesting facts, which I'm not able to learn in class. It is really an eye-opener for me as there are a lot of experiment structures and also cool images depicting and further describing the complicated information. Some of the topics that is included in the Science centre are “Human Body” , “DNA Lab” , “Brain Station” , “Living with viruses” , “Climate change” , “Sound exhibition” , “The Mind’s eye” and many more. I am also surprised by the wide variety of topics and information that they covered, especially their creative and cool experiments, like eye illusions etc.

At first, I had problem finding which topic should I look up on for my Science Ace, as there are simply too many topics in Science Centre. I then made the decision to look up on topics that my Primary School had covered. It's because the topics taught in Primary School might not be taught in Secondary School and I wanted to recap the topics learnt in Primary School. Since some of the topics are also about to be taught in Secondary School, I may just want to have a brief look at them and not include them in my Science Ace assignment.

After gathering the information, I then worked on it and put it into different graphs and diagrams. The whole process is fun and I really experience the true meaning of independent studies through this assignment. It is also challenging when I research on those five questions. Overall, I loved the whole process of the field trip and also typing and sorting out the information.

No comments:

Post a Comment